Antarctica: In the Wake of Mawson
departs Hobart • Show on Map
10 December 2018
Join Chimu on this unique 28 day adventure cruise to Antarctica, as you chase the historic and famous route of Sir Douglas Mawson.
28 days | 10 December 2018
Departs from Hobart
from US$19,990*pp twin share
Retrace the steps of Sir Douglas Mawson, and explore Antarctica on board the Akademik Shokalskiy. This fully ice strengthened expedition vessel is ideally suited to Antarctic expeditions due to its strength, maneuverability and small passenger numbers. Recently refurbished, the ship carries just 48 passengers. On board there is a combined bar and library lounge area and a dedicated lecture room.
Highlights & Inclusions
- Be the first to visit Commonwealth Bay this coming season.
- Retrace the footsteps of Sir Douglas Mawson.
- Visit Macquarie Island, which supports one of the highest concentrations of wildlife in the Southern Ocean and is home to millions of penguins.
- Take a zodiac cruise in the ice-flecked waters.
- See first-hand the majestic glaciers, icebergs and rugged East Antarctic coastline.
- Opportunity to experience Mawson’s Huts and its environs (conditions permitting).