The Sub Antarctic Islands Expedition from Hobart
embarks Hobart • Show on Map
from $13,320*pp twin share
13 nights, 2 January 2020
Hobart – Dunedin
from $13,230*pp twin share
On this cruise aboard Le Lapérouse, you have the opportunity to explore wild and untouched beauty of the Sub-Antarctic Islands of New Zealand and Australia over 14 days and 13 nights.
Often described as the ‘Galapagos of the Southern Ocean’, the Sub-Antarctic islands are a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site, featuring stunning wildlife. Explore this pristine environment on guided walks of the islands, or by sea in comfortable zodiacs.
Discover the enigmatic Macquarie Island, with its unique geology, rich history and abundance of wildlife, and sail to the heart of the uninhabited Fiords of New Zealand, carved 20,000 years ago by glaciers. Visit Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound and the famous Milford Sound, before disembarking in Dunedin.
- A cruise exploring one of the least visited regions in the world.
- Zodiac® outings & shore visits with your expert expedition team.
- Opportunities for guided walks through the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Auckland Island, Campbell Island and Macquarie Island.
- Witness colonies of fur seals and elephant seals, gentoo, royal, king and yellow-eyed penguins, as well as a wide variety of birds including Gibson’s albatross, Giant petrels, Auckland Island shag and Campbell Island Teal.
- Enjoy beaches of black sand, meadows of Megaherbs, rugged mountains, hidden inlets and undulating meadows.