Discover the Never Never
Australia • Show on Map
14 Days | 19 August 2021
14 Days | Exclusive Small Group Departure
Departs 19 August 2021
Discover Kangaroo Island and Central Australia on this small group tour designed to include the highlights and many opportunities to delight in the taste of local produce, learn about our indigenous culture and encounter the local Australian wildlife.
Our journey starts in Adelaide where we will indulge in the Barossa Valley & McLaren Vale wine regions, cruise the Murray River and board The Ghan for an all inclusive rail journey to Alice Springs. From here we explore the West MacDonnell Ranges, Kings Canyon, Kata Tjutu and marvel at the true heart of this amazing land, Uluru. The leisurely pace of this tour allows multi- night stopovers with time to truly immerse ourselves in the culture, wildlife and scenery of each location we visit.
• 3 nights in Adelaide with two days exploring and sampling the sights and tastes of the Barossa Valley, the Adelaide Hills German town of Hahndorf. and a lunch cruise on the Murray River onboard the ‘Captain Proud’.
• Journey south to Kangaroo Island. Although areas of the island were stricken by bush fires in 2020, much of this beautiful island was untouched. You will receive a warm welcome from the locals, who appreciate our support in helping them rebuild their tourism industry.
• Enjoy the luxury of days gone by while travelling by rail through the Simpson Desert, into the red centre on The Ghan.
• Three nights in Alice Springs, known as ‘Mparntwe’ by the Arrernte Aboriginal people, exploring the attractions of this remote town and its surrounds.
• Explore the majestic Kings Canyon and visit the local Wanmarra Community.
• Two nights in the desert at the “Sails in the Desert Resort” exploring the magic of the iconic Australian Rock, Uluru (‘Island Mountain’) and Kata Tjutu
• Return Airfares ex Tasmania with return airport transfers
• 12 nights accommodation in central hotels
• All meals included as per itinerary
• 1 night on The Ghan, with fully inclusive Gold Service
• Tours as per itinerary
• The opportunity to support bush fire stricken country towns and support local Australian tourism.